2. ELIGIBILITY: The Raffle is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. The GRAND PRIZE will be available only through East Hill Flying Club in Ithaca, NY. The GRAND PRIZE winner or their designee must meet the minimum FAA requirements. (see Section 6 below)
3. TIMING: The Raffle drawing will be held between 11:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. Eastern Time on Sunday June 15, 2014, at the East Hill Flying Club Father’s Day Breakfast at the Tompkins County Airport in Ithaca, NY. (the “Event”).
4. HOW TO ENTER: There is no entry limit per person. Entries will be accepted between April 30, 2014 and up to 15 minutes prior to the drawing on the day of the Event. Entries methods:
• Online via links on the East Hill Flying Club website (www.ehfc.net)
• Online via links on the East Hill Aviation Foundation website: https://rafflecreator.com/pages/1913/aspire-to-fly-raffle---2014
• In Person from representatives of EHAF or EHFC prior to or at the event.
Raffle Tickets may be paid for by cash, check, or credit card. In-Person entries must be made on the official entry form, all required information/fields must be fully and accurately completed or entry will be voided. Sponsor reserves the right to include an official entry form at any additional website, outlet, or other location. Refunds will not be issued.
5. PRIZES: The following prizes will be awarded:
GRAND PRIZE – The Gift of Flight -- $7,500 in value credit be used at East Hill Flying Club towards a Private Pilot license, Sport Pilot license, advanced pilot rating, or for instruction and aircraft rental.
SECOND PRIZE – Bose A20 Headset - Battery powered includes Bluetooth -- $1,100 Value
THIRD PRIZE – Apple iPad Mini with Retina Display - 16GB with Wi-Fi and Cellular -- $529.00 Value
6. GRAND PRIZE RULES: The GRAND PRIZE will be available only through East Hill Flying Club (EHFC) in Ithaca, NY.
• It is in the form of a Value Credit to the winner or their designee. The GRAND PRIZE carries no actual cash value and no substitutions are allowed.
• The GRAND PRIZE may be gifted to any individual by the winner. If the gift is made to a minor, appropriate permission is required along with an understanding of how and when the Value Credit may be used.
• The GRAND PRIZE winner or their designee must meet the minimum FAA standards for student pilots. http://www.faa.gov/pilots/become/student_cert/
• If the GRAND PRIZE winner is already a pilot, he or she must meet FAA requirements for the rating they wish to pursue or maintain.
• The Value Credit may be used for membership in EHFC, for any pilot rating provided by EHFC, for ground and flight instruction, or for aircraft rental through EHFC.
• The winner or their designee must be or become a member of EHFC and adhere to all the rules, regulations and policies of EHFC.
• The GRAND PRIZE must be used within five years from the date the winner is selected. Any unused Value Credit will revert back to EHAF at that time.
7. RANDOM DRAWING: The winners will be selected by the Sponsor in a random drawing at the Event from all eligible entries received. By entering Raffle, participants agree: a) To be bound by these rules; b) that winning is contingent upon fulfilling all the requirements of these rules; c) that the decisions of the Sponsor shall be final and binding in all respects. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received with the maximum odds of winning any prize to be one chance in three hundred.
8. NOTIFICATION: The winners will be notified at the time of drawing. Potential winners need not be present to win. The winners may be required by Sponsor to complete, execute and return as directed an Affidavit, Waiver, Release and Indemnity Agreement including, where lawful, a Publicity Release (plus any additional documents required at the sole discretion of Sponsor). Failure to comply with the requirements of this paragraph may result in disqualification and in the forfeiture of any right to a prize, in which case prize may be awarded to an alternate by random drawing.
9. RELEASE: By participating in the Raffle and/or accepting a prize, a participant/winner agrees to defend, release and hold harmless the Sponsor, East Hill Flying Club, its subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and the foregoing companies' officers, directors, shareholders, members, managers, employees, representatives, and agents (collectively "Releasees") from and against any actions, claims and/or liability for injury, death, loss or damage of any kind (including any for the violation or infringement of any proprietary or personal right of any individual or entity)("Liability") resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participant's participation in the Raffle, and/or participant's use, acceptance, or possession of a Raffle prize, and/or participant's participation in a Raffle prize-related activity. By participating in the Raffle and/or accepting a prize, a participant/winner consents to and gives the Sponsor the right to interview, photograph/video the winner, and in perpetuity to freely and exclusively use, publish, and display a winner's (and where applicable a participant's) names, address, entry form, picture, portrait, likeness, voice, video, statements, quotes, biographical information, and prize information (in whole or in part, as may be adapted, edited, or modified, as solely determined by Sponsor) for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, and on the World Wide Web, without review, notification or approval, all without additional consideration, unless prohibited by law. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned.
10. CONDITIONS: Participants agree that by participating in the Raffle they release the Sponsor and East Hill Flying Club from any liability in connection with: a) entries that are ineligible as a result of being lost, late, illegible, damaged, incomplete, stolen or misdirected; b) any typographical or other human or technical errors in the offer or administration of the Raffle, including but not limited to errors in advertising, these official rules, the selection and announcement of a winner(s), or the distribution/awarding of a prize(s); or c) acts of God, natural disasters, or other force majeure matters out of Sponsor's control affecting either the Raffle, including but not limited to, fire, flood, weather, hostilities (whether or not war is declared), rebellion, insurrection, terrorist action, labor strike, blockage, or embargo. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Raffle . Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel/suspend/modify the Raffle if it becomes corrupted in any manner such that it cannot be conducted as originally planned and, in such event, to select winners by random drawing from all eligible entries received prior to the action taken by Sponsor. In such event, Releasees shall have no liability to any participant who is disqualified due to such an action. Failure to enforce any term of these official rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. LAWS: Subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted.
12. SPONSOR: East Hill Aviation Foundation (EHAF), 15 Thornwood Drive, Ithaca, NY 14850 (the "Sponsor"). EHAF is a Not –for-Profit organized under 501(c)3 rules. The Directors of EHAF and their immediate families are not eligible to enter the raffle. However, they (or anyone) are welcome to make a designated tax deductible donation in support of the raffle program or raffle prizes by making a donation at http://aspiretofly.org or contacting EHAF via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org [Foundation home]